Journey for Truth
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Journey for Truth

Searching for Truth

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

War!!!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Gold Eagle
Admin
Gold Eagle

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2007-06-20

War!!! Empty
PostSubject: War!!!   War!!! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2007 5:07 am

Have you heard the expression follow your heart? IS WRONG!!!!!! DON'T DO THAT......
The first scripture in the Bible about heart is:

Ge:6:5: And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.
Back to top Go down
http://2me4ever.bestoforum.net
Neatid

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2007-06-21

War!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: War!!!   War!!! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2007 5:33 am

lol! I thought you said feel free to say hi, next thing i know is WAAAAAAAAR!!????

hmmmm Gold Eagle you are a nut! learn how to manage this forum please, or we wont get any where, right Sol?
Back to top Go down
Mael

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2007-06-24

War!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: War!!!   War!!! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2007 10:29 pm

Hi Gold!!! lol I'm finally here. Proverbs 3:1-6 talks about the heart.

1 My son, forget not my law; but let thine heart keep my commandments: 2 For length of days, and long life, and peace, shall they add to thee.  3 Let not mercy and truth forsake thee: bind them about thy neck; write them upon the table of thine heart: 4 So shalt thou find favour and good understanding in the sight of God and man.  5 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. 6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

I agree that we shouldn't follow our hearts if they(our hearts) are wicked but once Jesus has control of our life and our heart, isn't it different then???
Back to top Go down
Gold Eagle
Admin
Gold Eagle

War!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: War!!!   War!!! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2007 5:46 am

Mael is soooo good to see you here thank you so much for your reply and honestly i wish your words were truth that way we can be robots unto the Lord, lol control? Do you think Jesus takes control?

hmm, to take control would make him a Master a boss? a leadership?

i don't know do you think he takes control? the scripture you gave is as a father talking to a son, does your dad take control of your life? in every thing you do and say? please understand i am trying to reason your question i don't have an answer for it , even tho the idea of being control is kinda neat, because then choice and free will as well as responsability and love are taken away, so any thing i do is not mine any more, and every thing will be either his glory or his fault.........

I don't know, what do you think?

besides it seems to me like, he is far above or apart from you, don't you want Him really really close? like inside you? as your best buddy? father, brother, companion for ever?

the idea of speding eternity with some 1, is kinda crazy dont you think?
Back to top Go down
Gold Eagle
Admin
Gold Eagle

War!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: War!!!   War!!! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2007 7:00 am

Mael me again, i search in the Book, i could not find 1 scripture with the word control in it.
Back to top Go down
Mael

War!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: War!!!   War!!! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2007 3:57 am

I'm not saying that Jesus takes control of our life in a literal sense but aren't we supposed to give up our own selfish desires and do his will or whatever his special plan is for us??? He lets us make our own decisions but he will help us with those decisions and point us in the right direction if we let him. The same as a father teaches and trains his children.

lol I'm getting a little off the subject. Would say more but got to go. ttyl Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Gold Eagle
Admin
Gold Eagle

War!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: War!!!   War!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2007 7:27 am

Hey Mael i have been with out line for a while,

yeah lets do.
Back to top Go down
Mael

War!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: War!!!   War!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2007 7:51 am

Hi Goldy!!! Smile I'm not sure if we're quite understanding each other but I guess that's not too big a deal. lol Here are a few verse that explain a little better what I meant about giving up our own ambitions and submitting to Jesus.

Holy Bible (NIV) Matthew 16:24 Then Jesus said to his disciples, “If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross and follow me. 25 For whoever wants to save his lifeĀ a will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me will find it. 26 What good will it be for a man if he gains the whole world, yet forfeits his soul? Or what can a man give in exchange for his soul?

Commentary: Jesus was explaining that discipleship to Him involves a cost. Discipleship does not mean one enjoys glory immediately. A person who would follow Jesus must deny himself and all his ambitions. He must take up his cross and follow Jesus. In the Roman Empire a convicted criminal, when taken to be crucified, was forced to carry his own cross. This showed publicly that he was then under and submissive to the rule he had been opposing. Likewise Jesus’ disciples must demonstrate their submission to the One against whom they had rebelled. The path Jesus and His followers would travel would be a road of sorrow and suffering. But in so losing one’s life, one would truly find a better life.

I just copied the above pragraph from a commentary because I thought it explained it quite well. For myself, I believe that since God was the one who created us, He also knows what we're best suited for in this life, as far as doing his work is concerned. He has a special plan for each one of us but he will not force it on us. We need to make the decision for ourselves whether we will follow our own plans and ambitions or whether we will go to Him and ask Him what he wants us to do with our lives. We can fight our way to the top and be the richest person in the world, but if we lose our souls, what is it worth??? The person that wants a fulfilled life, a life that is really worth something, must lay aside his own selfish desires and tell Jesus, "Here I am, I am ready and willing to do whatever you have for me." Only then can God completely pour out his blessings on us.

That is what I mean when I speak of giving up. I hope I explained it enough that you can at least understand what I mean, even if you don't believe it. Cool ttyl Goldy!!!
Back to top Go down
Gold Eagle
Admin
Gold Eagle

War!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: War!!!   War!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2007 5:42 pm

study ,,,, scratch ,,,, Shocked ,,,Maeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeel thank you for still being here, lol that was cool yes i do understand haha i like beter your comentary, ok thank you for playing with me lol. I was really frustrated yesterday had no line for a while and I told Tail is hard to understand the Word, but lets not forget this is WAAAAR experiment................... scratch why? because i been in several fights in churches, and they all fight with scripture yet.........Their Own Understanding see?

Look, it is very important not to change the Word of God, we have to read it and speak it with the same words check this out He said man cannot understand his word.

Hu? I was like WOOT WOOT? lets pick it appart, the clue word is *cannot*, Question so i wonder well verse is:

1Co:2:11: For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.

grrrrrrrrrrrr, see what i mean? is not cannot i was wrong , the word is knows, to know is different that cannot lol. Just an example of what i am trying to say, is very important not to change the word. never said you did is just a point. it does not matter wether either 1 of us believe it, it is what it is, it is what it says and we did not write the book, to me is like this if you say you believe (not you manner of speach), the Word of God, then you should believe the whole book, if you don't believe what it sais here and there, then you are wrong, y to pick and choose? either you are or aren't right? i mean like all the way.

Typical : I received the Lord in 1934, and I am saved baptized in 1954 and Christian for 79 years now............. lol!, but they still don't agree with his word, have you ever seen this? how can you tell? just look and hear................

Soon i want to show you ... how they have lied to me....about many things....this is something you need to recieve at some point in your life, maybe not now but not 1 knows about this * apparently * lol! now get shocked,

I am NOT a sinner, I am righteous, I am holy, I am perfect in Christ Jesus, and that is my witness to all man. ???????????????????? ......... yes I me, and many are too. FREEDOM FROM SIN.

lol i leave you with this and explain on next post thank you for your time. I love you buddy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

War!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: War!!!   War!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

War!!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Journey for Truth :: Welcome :: Welcome :: Heart-
Jump to: